A person with a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered to be at a healthy weight. A person with a BMI of 25-29.9 is considered to be overweight. A BMI over 30 is considered obese. This can increases a person's health risk by 50%-150%. Calculate your BMI now.
What is Your Favourite Exercise?
Crazy Cass County Country Road Runners
Running for fun, friends and fitness
Mid January 2010 am run
We are a group of individuals who either currently enjoy running or are seeking to incorporate running into our lifestyle. We seek to help spread the joy of running and to support fellow runners in their efforts.
Our group welcomes everyone at every level; there is power in numbers! (OK, it's just more fun to run with a lot of people than just a couple.)
This group is not about obsessing over running times, it about having good times!
Group currently meets on Wednesdays at 6 pm, Saturday at 7 am and Sundays at 7 am
We start out with a 10 to 15 min warm up as a group consisting of a few strength and flexibility exercises mixed in with some light jogging to get the blood flowing before starting the run.
Distances will vary come out and run what you can...1 – 3 – 5- or 20 miles we will have a route for you to run at your own pace.
Here are our top 25 reasons to start running today
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of trainers and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good - not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
8. Running is accessible to all. As long as you are physically able, you can go for a run virtually anytime and anywhere.
9. Running helps you to lose weight and tone muscles. The more your train and run, the more weight you will lose.
10. Running is for people of all ages and abilities. Old or young, fit or unfit, everyone can benefit from running.
11. It is good for your sex life! By being more physically active you increase your sex drive.
12. You can get away with eating chocolate and legitimately say it is part of your training program.
13. Running is a great way to recover from a hangover. A run will help clear your head faster than sitting around feeling terrible.
14. It is a great safety aid. Being able to run away from people puts you in a much better position if you are chased.
15. You can use running to change other people's lives. Run for a charity and raise money to help the needy or less able.
16. Running with friends gives you time to catch up on gossip and get fit at the same time.
17. It is time-efficient way to get fit and lose weight so you have more free time after exercising to enjoy yourself.
18. Running is a challenge that can be motivational and bring great personal satisfaction.
19. It is a great way to see a new place if you have limited time available for sightseeing. Just think how much more of a place you can see when running around it compared to walking.
20. Running improves your concentration as you are forced to concentrate more when running. This in turn improves your concentration when you have to focus in other areas of life.
21. You nearly always work better after a run because you are still on a runner's high and feel ready for anything.
22. Running is a great way to meet people, especially if you join a club or enter a race.
23. Enjoy the outdoors in any kind of weather... wind, rain, snow, hot, cold it will improve your mood.
24. Endurance built-up through running can be transferred to other sports.
25. If you drink alcohol you can just run a little bit further the next day to work off the extra calories.
LEGALESE: OK here's some legal stuff
By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group, any of the group's leaders, officers, representatives, instructors, or sponsors liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly from or as a consequence of any group activity."